Cape Coral, Florida is a city located in Southwest Florida, right on the Gulf of Mexico. It is known for its beautiful waterfront properties, canals, and boating opportunities. The city has a population of over 190,000 residents and is one of the fastest-growing cities in the state. Moreover, Cape Coral is a popular destination for retirees, families, and vacationers looking for a relaxed and tropical lifestyle. The city offers a wide range of real estate options, from single-family homes to condominiums, many with waterfront or canal frontage. Furthermore, the canals that wind throughout the city provide excellent opportunities for boating, fishing, and other water activities.
Along with its natural beauty and water attractions, Cape Coral also has many parks, golf courses, and shopping centers to cater to residents’ needs. It also offers a variety of dining options, entertainment venues, and cultural events.
Activities to do in Cape Coral Florida:
1. Visit the Cape Coral Farmers Market: Explore this vibrant market featuring local produce, fresh seafood, homemade crafts, and live entertainment. The market is held every Saturday in downtown Cape Coral between SE 47th Terrrace and SE 10th Place.
2. Go on a Boat Tour: Rent a boat or join a guided tour to explore the beautiful waterways and scenic views around Cape Coral. You can also go fishing, kayaking, or paddleboarding.
3. Relax at the Beaches: Spend a day at the beaches in Cape Coral, such as Cape Coral Yacht Club Beach or Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve. Enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. *Note: The Cape Coral Yacht Club is currently closed and being rebuilt due to Hurricane Ian. Click here to follow updates on its re-opening.
4. Explore Nature Parks: Visit attractions like the Rotary Park Environmental Center or the Yellow Fever Creek Preserve for hiking trails, bird-watching, and wildlife spotting.
5. Golfing: Cape Coral offers many golf courses, such as the Coral Oaks Golf Course or the Cape Royal Golf Club, for golf enthusiasts to enjoy a round of golf.
6. Visit Sun Splash Family Waterpark: Have a fun-filled day with family or friends at Cape Coral’s waterpark, featuring water slides, pools, and various water attractions.
7. Shop and dine at Cape Harbour: Visit this vibrant waterfront community for shopping, dining, and enjoying live music. You can also take a sunset or dolphin cruise from here. Tarpon Point Marina is another great waterfront community with more dining and entertainment.
8. Attend Events and Festivals: Cape Coral hosts various community events and festivals throughout the year. Particularly, some fun events include the Red, White, and Boom 4th of July celebration and the Cape Coral Oktoberfest.
9. Explore the Cape Coral Historical Museum: Learn about Cape Coral’s history and culture through exhibits and displays at this local museum. The best part? Indeed, admission is only $5 and children 17 and under are free!
10. Enjoy local restaurants: Cape Coral boasts a variety of restaurants offering diverse cuisines, from seafood and American favorites to international flavors. Specifically, some local favorites include Jungle Bird Tiki, Rumrunners at Cape Harbor, 239 Prime, Nevermind Awesome Bar and Eater, and Lobster Lady.